Sharpen your pencils and apply to be a student designer for SH/FT, an experimental fashion show where you can flex your creative design muscles by collaborating and creating alongside a professional designer mentor.
You and your team will dream up and fabricate a garment made of found and recycled materials. The finale will be a beloved drag queen walking your final design down a runway!
The fashion show will take place on May 25th at Oregon Contemporary in front of a small audience of design teams and Arts for Learning Northwest supporters. A video recording of the show will be premiered as part of a virtual gala fundraiser. This fundraiser will help support Arts for Learning to provide more arts education opportunities to young people in our community.
Sounds like fun? Here are the details:
- Open to youth ages 12-18
- No experience required
- Must be able to attend virtual and in-person meetings every other week
- Virtual collaboration takes place November 2022 to May 2023
- Must be able to attend the fashion show on May 25, 2023
- COVID-19 policies:
- Must be fully vaccinated before the start of the program
- In-person meetings will be masked (for fittings and run throughs with the performers)
This year's applications closed October 10th. Thank you for your interest.
To those who applied, thank you for your patience, we will be in touch shortly.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news about future events and updates.