We do not currently have an open application for Teaching Artists. However, we do have a particular program need for individuals who, in addition to having significant experience delivering arts-integrated instruction, are: a) bilingual and able to teach in both Spanish and English, OR b) live on the periphery of YA’s tri-county service area (Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.)
If you meet one or both of these criteria, please feel free to reach out to [email protected]. Thanks!
Teaching Artists Daniel Granias and Nancy Morris Judd at WL Henry in Hillsboro School District. (Photo:Frank Hunt)
About Right Brain Residencies
- Teaching weaves together the arts and other classroom subject area content (arts integration).
- Lessons are created in collaboration with classroom teachers.
- Students range from Kindergarten to 8th grade, though teaching artists do not need to be able to teach at all levels.
- Schools are located throughout the Portland tri-county area (Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington counties).
- Roster artists are selected each year by schools.
- Artists are independent contractors and work is not guaranteed.
Priority Zip Codes
|Fairview, Troutdale & Wood Village||97060|
Questions? Please contact:
Maia McCarthy, Artist Programs Specialist at 503.225.5900 Ext. 234
Our very talented roster of teaching artists are individuals and organizations who have demonstrated a well-honed expertise and enthusiasm for interdisciplinary learning and collaboration with teachers.
See our complete, up-to-date artist roster here.